Peter Dematté web development
The magic of simple & clean thoughts
Being able to keep ideas simple and clean without loosing the variety of usability and functionality is the most important thing in times of complexity and diversity we are in these days.
A simple approach is often a better way to maintain software, to make processes faster and more reliable and to keep up with the fast growing needs.
It is not always the easiest way to go. You need to know a lot about existing techniques and possibilities and be creative enough to be able to simplify things.
Experiences and knowledge
I've been working for over 20 years in web development, graphic- and web-design.
- Corporate-, graphic-, logo- and web design.
- Bussiness-, graphical-, content concepts.
- CMS: Developing and extending several Content-Management-Systems.
- web-programming: front-end, back-end, GUI and UX (user experience).
- Concepts of programming patterns (jsOOP, MV*, etc.).
- Frameworks: development and usage (e.g. jsMorph, circularJS, jQuery, etc...).
Latest experiments and projects
While doing my every day jobs and developing web pages and web solutions I've been working on some experiments to extend my skills and to develop debugging-tools and programming helpers.
Some of them are also published and available through open-source channels (e.g. GitHub, Chrome Web Store®).
- colorPicker | a Photoshop® like fancy tool for sampling color values !NEW version
- tinyColorPicker | a tiny (4.5KB), fast, mobile capable jQuery color picker with plugins
- jsMorph | a fairly optimized and tiny JS animation framework
- (s)ice | MVVM based (Simple)InlineContentEditing (comeing up soon...)
- circularJS | like angularJS but less edges and corners ;o) (comeing up soon...)
- Drag&Drop | an old school Drag&Drop library (touch and iFrame support)
- Calc SS3 | a calculator using no images except generated with CSS3 (clear version)
- flow-chart editor | a development within WAXTRAPP BV in Amsterdam. UI development.
- dashboard | a development within WAXTRAPP. iGoogle® like UI development.
- colorPicking | demo/tutorial of how to pick colors from images on a web page...
- colorPatches | tutorial like display of some tools I used with colorPicker
- cP2, 3D | a 3D experiment with very simple background...
- tabs made easy and clean | re-thinking of an existing library approach for automated tabbing.
- patch | a little CSS experiment
- tauschetasche | an experiment with PNGs as it was planned for a customer.
- dias | experiment for displaying complex looking things with very little markup.
LinkedIn: see my LinkedIn profile
GitHub: see my GitHub account